Toggle menu

Documents you will need for appointment

If you or your partner are from outside the UK

You will also need to bring with you to your appointment:

  • a passport sized photo for each of you (even if only one of you is from outside the UK)
  • proof of your current immigration status (for example, your visa)
  • a translation of any documents that are not in English

If you're from the EUEEA or have settled or pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme

You will also need to bring confirmation of either:

  • your settled or pre-settled status - you'll need to bring a 'share code' which you can get from the 'view and prove your immigration status' service (the code will be valid for 30 days)
  • an application to the EU Settlement Scheme you made on or before 30 June 2021, which you're waiting for a decision on - you'll need to bring your certificate of application