Christmas opening times
Emergency Duty Team
Concerned about someone's safety or welfare?
If you believe that a child, young person or adult is at immediate risk, you should report this without delay to the police service on 999.
If they are not in immediate danger, you can do one of the following:
- Call the Contact Cares team on 01744 676767 and tell them that you have a concern about a child;
- Outside of office hours, call the Emergency Duty Team on 0345 050 0148;
- Call Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010 (24-hour line);
- Discuss your concerns with a professional you can trust such as a health visitor, teacher or GP; or
- Contact the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000.
Who will answer the phone?
An EDT call handler will answer the phone and take details of the problem and your contact details. They will then pass this information over to an experienced and qualified Emergency Duty Social Worker.