Business rates on a non-domestic property are generally payable by the occupier. This will normally be the owner-occupier or leaseholder. If a property is empty the leaseholder or owner is liable.
It is important that you inform the business rates office as soon as possible of any changes that could affect our records or your business rates account.
You can inform us by telephone on 01744 675264 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm), email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to:
St Helens Borough Council - Business Rates
PO Box 10592
Change of address
Please provide us with full occupancy and ownership details if your business is:
Please provide full details of any changes to:
- the liable ratepayer of the property
- the occupancy status of your property
- your address for correspondence or contact details
- anything which may affect reliefs currently awarded
- anything else you feel may be relevant