St Helens Together - what help is available?
#StHelensTogether was the campaign formed for the collaborative community response to COVID-19, but it has come to encompass our entire approach of delivering help and support where it is most needed in our borough.
This page summarises the financial assistance we're currently providing to eligible residents - click the links to find out how to apply.
Help with Council Tax, including:
- our local Council Tax Reduction scheme
- discretionary discounts
- Council Tax energy rebate scheme
- Help towards rent: Housing Benefit and Discretionary Housing Payments
- Free school meals
- Help with fuel, food or furniture
If you need further advice and support, contact our Affordable Warmth team on 01744 676555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homes for Ukraine
- How you can help house Ukrainian refugees
- Information for Ukrainian refugees arriving in St Helens Borough
Other local and national support
- Citizens Advice St Helens - 0808 278 7985
- Citizens Advice St Helens (money advice team) - 01744 751380
- St Helens Carers Centre (welfare benefits service) - 01744 675 615
- Torus St Helens (benefits advice) - 0800 678 1894
- Torus Foundation - support with health and wellbeing, getting online, jobs, training, money and benefits
- Money Advice Service - 0800 138 7777
- National Debtline - 0808 808 4000
- StepChange - 0800 138 1111