Toggle menu

Find a councillor

Your councillor is the person elected every four years to represent your area.

They can help if you are dissatisfied with a council service by advising or directing you to someone who can help sort out your problem and can sometimes progress the case on your behalf. 

As community leaders they put forward proposals to improve their ward, which may include bringing together different community groups to develop a case for change.

Political parties

There are 48 councillors representing the 18 wards and constituents of St Helens. See the political make-up of the council.

Councillors' declarations of interest

Elected members of the council are required by law to complete a declaration of interest form to register their financial interests. 

These include:

  • Details of any employment or business carried out by them
  • The name of their employer
  • Details of any directorships
  • Contracts between themselves/their firm and the council
  • Interest in land in the area

A full description of financial interests is set out in the council's Constitution.

A councillor's register of interest can be found by clicking on a individual councillor from the list of councillors.

The register is maintained by our Democratic Services team and is available for inspection by appointment. 

Please contact the Democratic Services Manager on 01744 673219 or email:

Councillors' Code of Conduct

Every authority is required to adopt a Code of Conduct that sets out rules governing the behaviour of its elected members. The code also covers co-opted and independent members of the local authority, including parish councils.

Code of Conduct (PDF) [231KB]

Making a complaint about a councillor

If you wish to complain about the conduct of a member of St Helens Borough Council or any parish council in St Helens please use the link below:

Councillor Complaints

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon
Last modified on 20 June 2022