Toggle menu

Child Perfomance Licenses

Under Section 37 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1963, a licence must be obtained before a child can take part in certain types of performance and activities in Great Britain.

It should be noted that:

  • A performance licence may be required whether or not the child is paid;
  • Amateur groups, musical performances, student productions or films are not exempt from the requirements.

Licensing requirements apply only to children under the upper limit of compulsory school age (as defined by section 8(3) of the Education Act 1996) i.e. as a general rule up to the last Friday in June in the school year in which they have their 16th birthday.

All completed applications should be returned to Tel no: 01744 673356.