Toggle menu

Approved premises for marriages and civil partnerships


Premises (not churches) that are wished to be used as venues for marriage and civil partnership ceremonies must hold a licence under the Marriage Act 1994 and the Marriages and Civil Partnerships (Approved Premises) Regulations 2005.

You as the proprietor or trustee must meet the requirements set out in the Registrar General's guidance.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon