Toggle menu

Register a baby born in St Helens

What documents will I need?

You should take at least one form of identification when you go to the Register Office.

You can use:

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate
  • Deed poll
  • Driving licence
  • Proof of address (e.g. utility bill)
  • Council tax bill
  • Marriage or civil partnership certificate

You should also take your child's personal child health record or 'red book' as some registrars may ask to see it