Toggle menu

Getting married abroad

If you are planning to get married or enter into a civil partnership outside of England and Wales, you should contact the local authorities in the country where you want the ceremony to take place to find out what you need to do.

If you are told that you need a certificate of no impediment, you can obtain one from the register office in the district where you live.

A certificate of no impediment costs £35 per person (£70 per couple).