How to join the library
Joining the library is easy and membership is free
- If you have an email address, you can register for your library membership online.
- Call in to one of our libraries, complete a form and show one proof of ID containing your name and address.
- When you join, you will become a member of the whole service. We will give you a membership card which you can use at any library in St Helens.
- You can borrow books and use the computers right away.
- You can borrow up to 20 items at any one time.
- Babies and children up to 16 can join the library. A parent or guardian must sign the form before any items can be borrowed.
- You can choose to download a copy of the , complete it and take it to your local library.
- If at a later date you change your name, address or phone number, please tell us so we can keep our records up to date.
24-hour library services online
- Use St Helens Library Service at any time. All you need is an internet connection and a library card. Search our library catalogue to find, request and renew items.
- Download the St Helens Library App on your mobile or tablet. Search our catalogue, renew and request items, find information about Cultural Hubs Arts in Libraries programmes and other events.
- Borrow up to six eBooks and six eAudiobooks through BorrowBox, unlimited Magazines as well as up to three eAudiobooks or Comics through Libby, and digital newspapers from Pressreader (for more information, visit our getting started with digital resources page). All digital content is available to read online and download to computer, smartphone or tablet.
St Helens Library Service terms and conditions
By submitting this registration form you are agreeing to our library membership terms and conditions.