Did you know ...that any textiles we put into our household waste bin, end up in landfill. In a 2021 study by Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority, as much as 7% of waste collected in the Borough's brown bins was made up of textiles that could have been reused or recycled - that's an estimated 2,800 tonnes of recyclable materials gone to waste. You can help prevent this.
At St Helens Borough Council we have teamed up with Green World Recycling Ltd to tackle textiles. They are a not for profit company working with and supporting the charity Dapp UK. All items that are collected go to countries around the world. So why don't you have a sort out and get rid of those unwanted items.
Everything that you donate in the textile banks goes to the charity, so why not do your bit to help our environment and to feel good about donating your clothes for re-use to Eastern Europe and Africa, where there is a high demand for used clothing.
All the textile banks are now in place over the St Helens Borough in our car parks, and fitness centres. The locations are:
- Birchley Street Car park, WA10 1HT
- Central Street Car park, WA10 1TZ
- Nunn Street Car park, WA10 1RZ
- North John Street Car park, WA10 2JT
- Higher Parr Street Car park, WA9 1AG
- Four Acre Lane Car park, WA9 4JX
- Tamworth Street Car park, WA12 9NJ
- Fairclough Street Car park, WA12 9QR
- Elephant Lane on Thatto Heath Labour Club Car park, WA9 5RA
- Ward Street Car park, WA10 1TF
- Newton le Willows Health and Fitness, WA12 0AG
- Queens Park Health and Fitness, WA10 2LT
- Sutton Leisure Centre, WA9 5AU
- The Hut (Business for Youth) Newton-le-Willows WA12 9HS
Look out for them they will have our logo on, along with the Green World globe.