Help to reduce household bills at library events
The cost-of-living crisis is making household finances difficult to manage for many families.
Article date: 27 July 2022
To help with this, several services are touring local libraries to provide advice and information on the support that may be available to help with household bills.
This includes energy bills, which are predicted to rise by a further 65 per cent in October, meaning the average household annual energy bill could reach over £3,000.
Councillor Jeanie Bell, St Helens Borough Council's Cabinet Member for Safer, Stronger Communities, said:
"The cost of living crisis is pushing many thousands of households to the breaking point, and not just those on the lowest incomes, so it's vital that residents can get the guidance they need. We hope to have a range of services at each event, so please come along and see what support is available."
The events will be held on:
- Friday 12th August - Chester Lane Library, 10.30am - 1.00pm
- Monday 15th August - Moss Bank Library, 10.30am - 1.00pm
- Tuesday 20th September - Parr Library, 10.30am - 1.00pm
- Thursday 22nd September - Newton Library, 1.30pm - 4.00pm
- Monday 24th October - St Helens Library, 10.30am - 1.00pm
- Tuesday 25th October - Thatto Heath Library, 10.30am - 1.00pm