Toggle menu

Apply for a resident's or visitor's permit

I have changed my vehicle; how do I obtain a new permit?

Download, complete and return the resident's parking application form, along with the following documents:

  • The form V5 (log book) for the vehicle or valid Motability documentation
  • Your insurance certificate
  • Any additional means of identifying you as living at the address within the residents' parking area. This may be a utility bill, tenancy agreement etc.
  • A completed resident's parking application form

You can  download the application form (Word doc) [77KB] (opens new window)

As outlined in 'Information for Applicants', documents should be returned to

The above documentation can be provided as an attachment, screenshot or photograph as long as they are legible.

If you have only recently obtained the vehicle

It may be that your V5 (log book) still shows the previous owner or you may not yet have a V5 if the vehicle is new. In this case, a temporary, one-month permit can be issued to you. 

  • If you have purchased a new vehicle you should automatically be issued with a form V5 by the DVLA soon after buying the vehicle. 
  • If the vehicle has a previous owner you should obtain an amended form V5 showing your name and address from the DVLA. The instructions on the form V5 will tell you how you should do this.

For more advice, please contact 01744 676398 or email