Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Welcome to Careline

Having a Careline alarm can be an important step in helping you or a loved one to remain independent in your own home, providing vital peace of mind for you and your family. St Helens Council Careline Service was established to provide a monitoring and response service to support elderly and vulnerable people in maintaining independence and security within their own homes. 



What ever tier your are assessed at you will benefit from:

  • No fixed contract
  • 24 hour monitor and response service
  • Equipment supplied and fitted 
  • Equipment maintained
  • No exit fee

If you experience an emergency, with the touch of a button the specially trained Careline Control Room staff  will respond quickly and sensitively to your needs.

  • On receiving your alarm call, an officer will make an assessment as to the most appropriate form of assistance required; ie, calling one of your emergency contacts or the emergency services and would make these calls on your behalf.
  • Our 'monitoring-only service' requires you to designate three emergency contacts who will be able to respond if you have an emergency.  These contacts need to be keyholders who are available day and night and are allowed entry into your home.
  • If you have the 'monitoring and response service' and have fallen and are unhurt a Careline officer will visit your home and assist you appropriately.  However, should you sustain an injury or are unwell, the Careline officer will call the emergency services as well as notifying your nominated contacts.

 How do Careline alarms work?

The alarms work using your existing landline telephone connection. When the alarm is activated it dials out to our 24/7 control centre and our experienced staff will deal with you emergency in appropriate professional manner.

At the installation of your service we will provide and fit a keysafe. This will allow quick access to your home for Careline staff and the emergency services and ensure that your situation is dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible care. All keysafes used are police approved.


Please understand that....

Careline are an emergency response service and are therefore unable to assist with toileting issues and house work. Should you require help with these matters, we would be happy to assist you in making a referral through our Contact Centre. You can do this yourself by telephone -  01744 676600 or by emailing Contactcares@sthelens.gov.uk

Staff are also unable to administer your medication, but again will assist you in contacting the appropriate people on your behalf.