Outreach Support Service
The service provides a continuum of support for both behaviour and inclusion related issues in schools in order that, young people supported by our service maximise their full potential.
We will encourage active engagement, enthusiasm and improved motivation so that the young people and families we support are enabled to improve their life skills, behaviour, emotional well being and achievement through access to a wide range of educational and social opportunities.
Teams in the service areas are:-
- Behaviour Improvement Team
- Tuition Service (Including Tuition for Young People with Medical Needs, Outreach Tuition,
Traveller Education and English as an Additional Language EAL)
- Exclusion and Managed Transfer Team A team to support with managed transfers, exclusion and children educated at home.
- Alternative Education Team
- Pupil Referral Units (KS1-4 on three bases)
- Staff within the service have agreed a mission, values and principles statement to which all have agreed as a basis for the work they do.
The service also:-
- Promotes and supports restorative justice practices in schools and PRUs,
- Facilitates and supports B and A Partnerships and their Inclusion Units established to reduce exclusions.
- Offers comprehensive training across all service functions.
- Provides support to Lead Behaviour Professionals (LBPs) in schools through a termly Network Meeting.