Alternative Education Team
The Alternative Education Team forms part of the continuum of support provided by St Helens Alternative Provision service.
Based in Atlas House within Peoples’ Service, the small team offers a comprehensive service to all St Helens high schools and academies seeking Alternative Provision for 14-16 year old pupils (often as an alternative to permanent exclusion form mainstream settings).
The service offered to schools comprises:-
- A formal commissioning process involving a comprehensive quality assurance check on all systems in place.
- A comprehensive referral process involving school, parent/carer and pupil to ensure that all learners are placed quickly and appropriately according to their interests and ability
- Robust learner tracking including attendance and progress reporting on a six weekly and termly basis.
- Termly organised quality assurance checks with support staff to prepare for inspection.
- Dedicated learning mentors to support/improve attendance and maintain contact with disengaged learners.
- An annually updated directory of provision listing the alternative curriculum and learning offer available in St Helens.
Formally Commissioned Learning Providers
- Aspire Training
- Instant Training – Construction
- Instant Training – Hair and Beauty
- Building Futures
- MPH Training
Providers offer a range of PSD, Functional Skills and vocational qualifications from Entry Level 2 to Level 2
For help and information contact: AdminAchievement&Inclusion@sthelens.gov.uk