Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Frequently Asked Questions - Quick Links

How can I request an educational, health and care needs assessment?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/EHCP

What can I do if I think my child needs help?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/SENDHelp

I’m looking for clubs, activities and days out, where can we go?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/SENDActivities

What help is there for those aged 16 – 25?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/Post16

What about apprenticeships, traineeships and supported internships for those aged 16-25?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/Post16

Where do I start in finding information on preparing for adulthood?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/Adulthood

Can you help with transport; getting my child/young person to school/college?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/Adulthood

How do I apply for a school place or to transfer to a different school?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/Admissions

We need some information, help and advice, where do I find this?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/SENDHelp

Where can I find suitable childcare?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/SENDDirectories

What leisure activities are there in St Helens and nearby?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/SENDLeisure

What financial support is there for young people in higher education?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/SENDFinance

I don’t agree with what has been decided, what can I do?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/EHCP

I want to appeal a decision made by the Local Authority, what do I do and who can help me?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/EHCP

Where can I find a copy of the Local Authorities accessibility strategy?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/AccessibilityStrategy

How can I find institutions approved under Section 41 of the Children and Families Act?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/EducationRegister

What Health services are available to help me?

Visit: www.sthelens.gov.uk/SENDHealth