Best place to find information and services that your council provides...
The music service provides a wide range of activities and opportunities that seek to encourage all children and young people to participate enjoy & achieve through music. This is delivered through high quality music education and performance opportunities that awaken and nurture talent and creativity, build self-esteem, instil discipline and bring the joy of music to people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds.
What do we do?
We provide a variety of activities both in and out of schools across St.Helens. These include instrumental and vocal lessons every week as well as a variety of bands, orchestras, choirs and ensembles throughout St.Helens. Our tuition is only available to young people via their schools in order for us to deliver cost-effective and high-quality education programmes.
Our services to schools include:
• Whole Class First Access instrumental programmes for Key Stage 2 children
• Instrumental and Vocal tuition delivered by our team of specialist music tutors
• Short projects & programmes to enhance the music curriculum such as African Drumming, Samba, Music Technology, Singing, Recorders & Ukulele
• Access to a stock of instruments for young people who'd like to learn how to play
• A range of singing and instrumental events that bring children together from a number of schools to celebrate their music-making
• Access to on-line resources to support the school curriculum
• A programme of support and professional development opportunities to assist schools in making improvements to their music offer for all young people
The Music Service also provides a number of activities directly to children and young people and their families, which include:
• A wide range of ensembles, bands, choirs and orchestras, free of charge, to all young people who live or attend school in St.Helens
• Holiday courses
• Specialist ‘rare breed’ instrumental tuition on Double Bass, French Horn, Oboe, Bassoon and Orchestral Percussion
• Assisted Instrumental Purchase Scheme
• Music Theory classes
• External examination entry and assessment including Arts Award, Rock School and ABRSM Music Medals
For more information please contact us using the information below as to how the Music Service can support and enhance the delivery of the music curriculum in your school please contact us using the information below –
Tel: 01744 677946