Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Drugs and Alcohol Support

Support for adults

CGL Change Grow Live Logo

The St Helens Integrated Recovery Service is run by Change, Grow, Live (CGL), and is a free, confidential and non-judgemental service for those aged 19 and over. The service can support you with any worries you may have about your drinking or drug taking. To find out more, call the CGL team on 01744 410752.

Support for young people

Young People's Drug and Alcohol Team Logo

The Young People's Drug and Alcohol Team is a friendly and confidential service for young people aged under 19. The team can provide young people and their families advice and support around drug and alcohol use and can help young people to make healthy choices to prevent getting into risky situations due to drug and alcohol use. To find out more, call the Young People's Drug and Alcohol Team on 01744 675605.

Support for friends and family

Footsteps Logo

Footsteps in St Helens is a free, friendly and confidential service for those who are worried about someone else's drinking or drug taking. They can provide one-to-one, telephone or group support. Find out more by calling the Footsteps team on 01744 808212.

Real Lives

Mum with young children

The Real Lives campaign tells real life stories from local people and their experiences with alcohol. Find out more and read all the Real Lives stories

Drugs Litter

What do I do if I find drug related litter?

If you find any drug related litter, please don't touch it, there are risks when handling used needles. Report it to the Council straight away and we can give advice on how best to remove it.

If you find needles or syringes on council or school property during working hours, please report this immediately to a member of staff. Somebody may already be trained to deal with it.

What do I do if I suffer a needle stick injury?

  • Don't panic
  • Encourage the wound to bleed, but don't suck it
  • Rinse the wound under running water
  • Dress it and go to A&E or the Walk in Centre