Research, together with monitoring, helps us determine how successful our planning policies are and whether they need updating or replacing.
The 2016 SHLAA and has been prepared with a base date of 1st April 2016. This is the fifth SHLAA to be prepared for St. Helens, and supersedes the previous SHLAA by comprehensively reviewing all conclusions previously reached for sites already within the SHLAA process and assessing new sites.
The 2016 SHLAA and accompanying Deliverability Plan are available to view and download below:
- St. Helens Council - Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment June 2016
- St. Helens Council - Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment June 2016 Deliverability Plan
In addition, a plan has been prepared showing those sites identified in the '2016 Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA)' along with other previously developed land identified through the 'St.Helens National Land Use Database of Previously Developed Land (NLUD-PDL) Annual Survey 2011-2012'. This plan, with accompanying site reference tables, is available to view and download below.
Historic NLUD-PDL surveys for St. Helens, are available under the 'Previously Developed Land' drop down section.
Sites not submitted in time for consideration by the 2016 SHLAA will be saved for the next SHLAA. The Call for Sites form and Guidance Note are available to download below.
Call For Sites Submissions
Since 2013, as well as suggestions for housing sites in built up areas, we have also accepted suggestions for other uses such as employment, retail, leisure and other significant development, including sites in the Green Belt, and suggestions for sites that should be protected from development. These suggestions are currently being considered as we prepare the new Local Plan.
If you have previously submitted a site for consideration during previous Call for Sites consultations then there is no need to resubmit your site unless you have or additional information to provide.
A map showing the locations of sites submitted as part of Calls for Sites up to 2016 is available to view below. This consolidates all previous submissions under one reference number. Details of individual submissions (with any personal information redacted) are available on request. Please contact the Planning Policy Team.
The final 2012 SHLAA has was published following a period of public consultation between 14th February and 13th March 2013. A report of all representations received and amendments made (Representations and Amendments Report) has been published and is available to download below. Site assessment pro-formas, maps and viability assessments are also available. To view electronic copies of these documents, please click the relevant links below:
- 2012 SHLAA report
- Map of deliverable and developable sites
- Map of unsuitable, potentially suitable and completed sites
- Assessment pro-formas and location plans for sites 001-150
- Assessment pro-formas and location plans for sites 151-300
- Assessment pro-formas and location plans for sites 301-450
- Assessment pro-formas and location plans for sites 451-600
- Assessment pro-formas and location plans for sites 601-787
- Economic Viability Assessment – viable sites
- Economic Viability Assessment – unviable sites
- Representations and Amendments Report
Hard copies of the above information can also be viewed at Regeneration Reception at St.Helens Town Hall during normal working hours.
If you have any further questions please contact us.