Best place to find information and services that your council provides...
Article date - 30 October 2017
St Helens Council’s Adult and Community Learning team understand that the road to achieving your ambitions is different for each individual, and can vary due to health and wellbeing. With that in mind, they have developed a unique package of courses and support to help and guide you every step of the way.
Taking part in learning can help you to:
. Improve confidence and self esteem
· Reduce anxiety and depression
· Become more independent
· Return to employment, further training or volunteering
Short courses held locally in the United Reformed Church in Ormskirk, St Helens town centre, include:
· Positive Thinking - starting Tuesday 31 October 9:30am-12:00pm for a duration of four weeks
· Stress Less starting Wednesday 1 November (Stress Awareness Day) 9.30am -12pm for four weeks
One learner said: “I’d highly recommend the courses to anyone as I've really enjoyed them and they've helped me in ways I didn't realise I needed. For me the courses gave me the confidence to sign up as a volunteer at a local hospice and further my confidence to then apply for a job (which I got!)
“All of which I wouldn’t have done prior to attending the courses. I found all the courses very welcoming and enjoyed the relaxed friendly approach of the tutors.”
Why is St Helens ACL the right choice for you?
· Before committing to a course you’ll receive clear and impartial information that will help you make informed choices about learning and work.
· Small class sizes mean you’ll receive plenty of support from your tutor.
· You’ll have regular reviews of your progress to make sure you’re always on track.
If you are interested in any of the courses above or would like information on other courses that we offer please call ACL’s Park Road Centre on: 01744 677315 or 01744 677328.