Updated 13 July 2020
Please note we are now operational again but with new procedures in place. Hardshaw Brook Depot reception remains closed; if you wish to contact us please do so through our Contact Centre or, if you are a current tenant, please use the email address provided on any of your documentation you have received from us in the past.
All of the above measures will remain in place until further notice.
With an allotment comes fresh air, home-grown produce, a healthy lifestyle and a social community of people with similar interests. There are 15 allotment sites across the borough.
All our allotment sites have waiting lists. The ones below only have a few people on them, so you could work your way to the top of the list sooner than you think!
- Bertram Street
- Havannah Lane
- Mesnes Park
- Parr Depot
- Recreation Street
We can add your details on up to three allotment site waiting lists of your choice, but you are only entitled to one plot.
How do I apply for an allotment?
By phone: St Helens Council Contact Centre - 01744 676789
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How much is the allotment rent?
- As of 1 April 2020, the rent for a plot is £0.26 per square metre.
- Plots vary in size; an average plot is 250 square metres.
- You will be entitled to a 50% concession if you are over 60 or in receipt of certain benefits.
- There will be a one-off charge of £22.00 for you to enter into a tenancy agreement with the council.
- Keys are available for a £20 deposit refundable on the production of a receipt. Please refer to allotment rules for further details
Council-managed allotment sites
- Ashtons Green Community Allotment, Moorfoot Road, Parr WA9 2DE – both horticultural plots and poultry plots
- Bertram Street Allotment, Newton-le-Willows – horticultural plots
- Cabbage Hall Allotment, Hard Lane, Windle – horticultural plots
- Eccleston Old Lane Allotment, Hazel Grove, St Helens – both horticultural plots and poultry plots
- Elm Road Allotment, Elm Road – horticultural plots
- Havannah Lane Allotment, Winter Grove, Parr – horticultural plots
- Kentmere Avenue Allotment, Carr Mill – horticultural plots
- Mesnes Park Allotment, Sanderling Road, Newton-le-Willows – horticultural plots
- Milton Street Allotment, Sutton Manor – horticultural plots
- Nutgrove Allotment, Scholes Lane, Thatto Heath – horticultural plots
- Parr Depot Allotment, Bedford Street, Parr – horticultural plots
- Recreation Street Allotment, Parr – horticultural plots
- Walkers Lane Allotment, Sutton Manor – horticultural plots
Self-managed allotment sites
- Harlow Allotment, Harlow Close, Thatto Heath – horticultural plots
- Rainford Allotment, Bushey Lane, Rainford – horticultural plots
- Rob Lane Allotment, Newton-Willows – horticultural plots
If you are interested in a self-managed allotment, you will need to contact the site secretary. Please phone our Contact Centre on 01744 676789 for the contact details of the site secretary.