With an allotment comes fresh air, home grown produce, healthy lifestyle and a social community of people with similar interests. There are 15 allotment sites across the borough.
We currently have a limited number of vacant plots.
There are only a few people on the waiting lists below and you could work your way to the top of the list sooner than you think!
Ashton Green Horticulture
If you wish to be placed on any of these waiting lists, please see the section below on How do I apply for an allotment ?
All our allotment sites have waiting lists. We can add your details on up to 3 allotment site waiting lists of your choice, but you are only entitled to one plot.
How do I apply for an allotment?
St Helens Council Contact Centre - 01744 676789
How much is the allotment rent?
- As from 1 April 2018 the rent for a plot will be £0.23 per square metre.
- Plots vary in size, an average plot is 250 square metres.
- You will be entitled to a 50% concession if you are over 60 or in receipt of certain benefits.
Council Managed Allotment Sites
- Ashtons Green Community Allotment,Moorfoot Road, Parr WA9 2DE – both horticultural plots & poultry plots on this site
- Bertram Street Allotment, Newton-le-Willows - horticultural plots
- Cabbage Hall Allotment,Hard Lane, Windle - horticultural plots
- Eccleston Old Lane Allotment, Hazel Grove,St Helens- both horticultural plots & poultry plots on this site
- Havannah Lane Allotment, Winter Grove, Parr - horticultural plots
- Kentmere Avenue Allotment, Carr Mill - horticultural plots
- Mesnes Park Allotment,Sanderling Road,Newton-le-Willows - horticultural plots
- Milton Street Allotment, Sutton Manor - horticultural plots
- Nutgrove Allotment,Scholes Lane, Thatto Heath - horticultural plots
- Parr Depot Allotment,Bedford Street, Parr - horticultural plots
- Recreation Street Allotment, Parr - horticultural plots
- Walkers Lane Allotment, Sutton Manor - horticultural plots
Self Managed Allotment Sites
- Harlow Allotment, Harlow Close, Thatto Heath - horticultural plots
- Rainford Allotment, Bushey Lane, Rainford - horticultural plots
- Rob Lane Allotment, Newton-Willows - horticultural plots
If you are interested in a self managed allotment, you will need to contact the site secretary. Phone the St Helens Council Contact Centre on 01744 676789 for the contact details of the site secretary.