Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Freedom of Information

The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000 gives you the right to know about official information that is held by the council.  

Under the FOIA, we must tell you what type of official information we will routinely publish.  This is called the Publication Scheme. If the information is not in the Publication Scheme, you can contact the council to find out what information we hold.

To find out about official information that the council holds you must put your request in writing.  You can do this by sending us an email, completing our online form, or by writing to the following address:

Contact Centre 
Wesley House
Corporation Street
St Helens
WA10 1HF

Telephone number 01744 676789

You don't need to have a reason for asking for the information, but you should describe to us the information that you would like as clearly as you can.

You can expect to receive a reply within 20 working days.

We will either:

  • Provide you with the information you have asked for
  • Tell you that we don't have the information
  • Tell you that that another organisation has the information
  • Refuse to give the information and explain the reasons why

In certain circumstances we will ask you to pay a fee for the information. This only happens when the Freedom of Information Act allows us to. 

There are certain reasons why some information may not be given to you. These are called exceptions.

For more information about the Freedom of Information Act please go the Information Commissioners website.