Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Crime, Anti-social Behaviour (ASB) and Hate Crime

Reporting an incident

If you are victim or witness of crime, ASB or hate crime, please report it to Merseyside Police.

  • In emergencies always call 999.
  • For non-emergencies call 101
  • Report anonymously via Crimestoppers - 0800 555 111.

We understand how damaging the effects of crime and ASB can be. In addition to the police, other local agencies also provide support to victims and witnesses.

If you live in a registered social landlord property you can seek support from your Housing Officer via the telephone numbers below.

Commissioned Victim Care Services

The Merseyside Police and Crime Commissioner has commissioned five organisations to provide victim care across Merseyside;

  • Victim Support - Vulnerable Victims - 0808 168 9111
  • RASA & RASASC - Sexual Assault Victims - 0151 666 1392  &  0330 363 0063
  • Listening Ear - Domestic Violence Support for Young People - 0151 488 6648  
  • Catch 22 - Child Sexual Exploitation Support - 0151 630 1845    
  • Anthony Walker Foundation - Hate Crime Victims - 0800 138 1625             

The Anthony Walker Foundation will be supported by Light for Life victim support service.



A Hate Crime is an offence or incident committed against someone because of who they are. An act motivated because of a person's prejudice over age, disability, gender identity, race, religion, belief or sexuality.

You can report a Hate Crime to the Council;

The Safer St Helens website has more information and support on Hate Crime.

If you are a resident affected by anti-social behaviour involving a private tenant, who lives in a privately rented property please contact Merseyside Police and St Helens Council.  It is essential that calls regarding anti-social behaviour are reported to the Police and recorded on their system via 101 or 999 if an emergency. 

Once an address has been identified as a problem for the community, arrangements will be made for Merseyside Police and St Helens Council to do a joint visit to speak with the tenant.  These tenants are then advised that if their anti-social behaviour continues, their private landlord will be contacted, which could potentially lead to their eviction or an anti-social behaviour closure order of their home.

If you are a private landlord and you are contacted by St Helens Council regarding the behaviour of your private tenant you will be advised and supported accordingly.

Further help on reporting ASB can be found on the Safer St Helens Website.