Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Land Charges

Land Charges

Last updated on 13 January 2021

Please note: There will be no further updates as all timescales are back to normal.

Please note that all enquiries are being dealt with in order of date received and that we will have them back with you as soon as we can.

If you have any specific enquiries, please email us. This is monitored throughout office hours and you will receive a reply.

St Helens Land Charges Register is moving

The St Helens land charges register is being transferred to HM Land Registry.

We will still continue to accept requests for CON29s after the move is completed.

Enquiries may be submitted using our online local land charges service.

If you have not used our online local land charges service before, you will need to register for an account.

Enquiries can also be submitted through the NLIS website.

All enquiries should be submitted together with an up-to-date plan (to scale) with the boundary edged in red.

If you wish to identify the property (and surrounding area) that is the subject of your search enquiry, please visit My Location Service.

Please be aware of the Licensing and Land Charges Privacy Policy.

Current fees

See the current land charges fees.

Any person wishing to carry out a personal search of the Land Charges Register will need to email us.

The Land Charges Register is held in paper form.

Each premises 'card' identifies any registerable entry and will contain references to areas such as planning consents and Tree Preservation Orders.

If there is no registerable entry relating to the property, there will be no 'card' and you will be advised accordingly.

If you wish to view or obtain copies of any of the documents listed on the register (e.g. planning permissions), you should contact the appropriate council department.