Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Temporary & Occasional Use Notices

Temporary Use Notice (TUN)

A Temporary Use Notice (TUN) allows a premises without a licence to be used for the purposes of gambling. Some of the premises include:

  • Sporting venues
  • Hotels
  • Conference buildings

A TUN allows gambling to take place at a premises for up to 21 days in a 12-month period.

To apply for a TUN, you must complete the application form and return it to Licensing by email or by post along with the relevant fee.

Occasional Use Notice (OUN)

An Occasional Use Notice (OUN) may be applied for if track betting is to take place for eight days or less in a calendar year and there is no track betting licence in place.

The event organiser must give notice to the Licensing Unit and to the police and notice must be given no less than 10 clear working days before the event is due to take place.

To apply for an OUN, you must complete the application form and return it to Licensing by email or by post. There is no fee for this application.