Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Premises Licences

In accordance with section 150 of the Gambling Act 2005, premises licences can authorise the following;

  • a) Casino premises
  • b) Bingo premises
  • c) Betting premises, including tracks and premises used by betting intermediaries
  • d) Adult gaming centre (AGC) premises (for category B3, B4, C and D machines)
  • e) Family entertainment centre (FEC) premises (for category C and D machines) – the licensing authority may issue a FEC gaming machine permit, which authorises the use of category D machines only.

Any premises where gambling facilities are provided must have a premises licence, which is issued under the Gambling Act 2005. A premises licence authorises the licence holder to carry out licensable activities. 

How to Apply for a Gambling Premises Licence

Before completing the application, please view and read our Privacy Policy.

To apply for a gambling premises licence, you must complete the relevant application form and submit it to Licensing by email or by post. Included with your application you must also provide:

  • The relevant fee
  • A plan of the premises