Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Provisional Statements

A provisional statement can be applied for a premises that is either:

  • Under construction
  • Being altered in any way, for example an extension

Provisional statements work in a similar fashion to premises licences in terms of the process of applying for one. But the main difference is that once the work to the premises has been completed, the provisional statement does not turn into a premises licence. A premises licence would have to then be applied for, but providing there has been no other change to the premises since the submission of the provisional statement then representations will be restricted. 

Apply For A Provisional Statement

Before completing an application for a provisional statement please view and read our Privacy Policy.

To apply for a provisional statement you will need to complete an application form and submit it to Licensing by Email or post along with:

  • The relevant fee
  • A plan of the premises