Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Business Changes

Business rates on a non domestic property are generally payable by the occupier. This will normally be the owner-occupier or leaseholder. If a property is empty the leaseholder or owner is liable.

It is important that you inform the business rates office as soon as possible of any changes that could affect our records or your business rate account.

You can inform us by telephone on 01744 675264 (Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm), email to businessrates@sthelens.gov.uk or write to:

St Helens Council - Business Rates
PO Box 10592

Change of Address

Please provide us with full occupancy and ownership details if your business is:

Other Changes

Please provide full details of any changes to:

  • the liable ratepayer of the property
  • the occupancy status of your property
  • your address for correspondence or contact details
  • anything which may affect reliefs currently awarded
  • anything else you feel may be relevant

If you pay by Direct Debit and your company, business rate account or bank details change, you will need to complete and return a new Direct Debit Authorisation form.