Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...


The UK has left the EU and new rules for business with Europe are here.

The best place for St Helens businesses to get support and information on what you need to do is gov.uk/transition, where you can find:

On-demand videos

The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has published a series of short, on-demand videos to support businesses following the end of the transition period.

Topics covered include importing and exporting, rules of origin, audit and accounting, and you must register to access the video content.

Guidance on importing and exporting

To assist businesses that export and import, the government have provided the following guidelines:

EU residents

The government has advised that all non-UK EU citizens must apply for the EU Settlement Scheme to ensure their rights are protected now the transition period is over.

The government has provided translated documents explaining the EU Settlement Scheme process in various languages.

If you, your friends, family, or neighbours are from the EU, then please apply or advise people to apply to remain in the UK. This affects people from the following places:

  • European Union
  • Iceland
  • Liechtenstein
  • Norway
  • Switzerland

Business Growth Hub support

In addition to the national government's help, the Business Growth Hub has further advice on: