Terms and Conditions of Payment/Fees
The following terms and conditions apply to all bookings accepted by the St Helens Registration Service. In booking your ceremony with our service you are agreeing to accept the terms and conditions set out below.
Reservation booking fee
- A non-refundable reservation booking fee is payable at the time of booking, for all ceremonies.
- The reservation fee covers changes to the time of your ceremony only.
- Any new ceremonies booked, the date of your existing booking changed or the re-booking of cancelled ceremonies will incur a further administration fee.
- The fee is payable at the time of booking the appointment to give notice.
- A refund is applicable when notice is not given and by written request to the Superintendent Registrar.
Payment of ceremony fees
- All ceremony fees are payable no later than eight weeks before the ceremony date.
- For ceremonies booked within eight weeks of the date of the ceremony, the full ceremony fee is payable as soon as both notices of marriage are given.
Refund of ceremony fees
- Ceremony cancelled fewer than eight weeks before the date – no refund
- Ceremony cancelled more than eight weeks before the date – 50% refund
- Any refunds do not include the reservation fee.
- For the purpose of refunds, the cancellation date is deemed to be when written confirmation is received by the Superintendent Registrar.
- Payment will only be made to the person named on the original receipt issued by the Register Office.
- All fees are subject to annual review and any changes are implemented on 1st April each year.
- All terms and conditions are subject to review at the discretion of the local authority.
- For Covid-19 refunds, see Certificate and Ceremony Fee Waiver, Refund and Reduction Policy.