Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Discretionary housing payments

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs) are not housing benefit payments but are additional payments to either you or your landlord to help you pay your rent.

DHPs are normally only paid for a short time to help you through a difficult period. Also, DHPs are only paid to a maximum of the actual rent that you are charged.

To claim a DHP you can complete the DHP application form, write to us explaining why you think you might qualify, or telephone 01744 676666 for further advice.