Get help with fuel, food or furniture
Help towards energy and cost of living expenses
We will provide a direct award to you if you are in receipt of Council Tax Reduction or certain other benefits and provide vouchers during the school holidays for children in receipt of free school meals. This is in addition to other cost of living payments and help with energy costs announced by the government.
An application form is available if you require urgent help with fuel or food.
Eligibility to receive a direct award
Children eligible to receive free school meals:
- A £70 supermarket voucher will be issued for each qualifying child who attends a school or nursery provision within St Helens to cover the summer holiday period in 2022.
- To qualify, a child must be eligible to receive free school meals or be transitionally protected.
- The voucher will be issued directly by your child's school or nursery provider.
Help towards additional energy and cost of living costs:
- A direct award will be made to households in receipt of Council Tax Reduction (including those that would have been eligible had a Council Tax exemption not been in place) or who are in receipt of pension credit.
- Payment will be made via Post Office voucher which can be cashed at any Post Office.
- Payments will be made during August 2022.