Welcome to sthelens.gov.uk

Best place to find information and services that your council provides...

Further Education - financial support

If you have a disability, long-term health condition, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty (eg dyslexia) you can apply for:

You may also qualify for disability related benefits.

As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a disability, including a:

  • long-term health condition
  • mental health condition
  • specific learning difficulty, eg dyslexia
  • You must meet the definition of disability under the Equality Act 2010.

The support you get depends on your individual needs and not on income.

For more information, please see Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs)

Bursaries, Scholarships and awards

Students in higher education can apply for money directly from their university or college on top of any other student finance - you don’t have to pay this money back.

For more information please see - Bursaries, Scholarships and awards

University and College Hardship Funds

You could get extra money from your university or college if you’re experiencing financial hardship.

The amount you can get is decided by your university or college and it is paid in a lump sum or instalments.

You usually won’t have to pay the money back, but in some cases you’ll get a loan that you will have to repay.

For more informations please see - University and College Hardship Funds