Emergency duty team
Out of hours support
If your problem is regarding someone who is vulnerable or at immediate risk outside of those hours, please contact the emergency duty social work team (EDT).
The team will deal with problems such as:
- Safeguarding issues for children and adults
- Older people who are at risk or who need immediate help
- Concerns about a person with a physical or a sensory disability
- Support in coping with someone who has severe learning difficulties or mental health problems
- Mental Health Act assessments
- Act as an Appropriate Adult for juveniles and vulnerable adults
- Liaise with and offer support to other agencies
Who will answer the phone?
An EDT call handler will answer the phone and take details of the problem and your contact details. They will then pass this information over to an experienced and qualified emergency duty social worker.
What happens next?
At the earliest opportunity, the emergency duty social worker will contact you and give you advice and guidance over the phone on how to deal with the problem. Alternatively, they may:
- Recommend that you contact another more appropriate agency. They will give you the contact details
- Refer the matter on to another social care team the next working day
- Visit you or the person with the problem
Out of hours team contact details
Telephone: 0345 0500 148
The service operates outside normal working hours at the following times:
Monday to Thursday: 5:00pm to 9:00am
Friday: 4:30pm to 9:00am
Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays: 9:00am to 9:00am (24 hours)