Benefits and Awards

Terraced Housing

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction are schemes to help you pay your rent & Council Tax they are worked out and paid by local authorities.

Other welfare benefits are paid through other agencies.

For example the Job Centre Plus deals with Income Support; H.M. Revenue and Customs with Child Tax Credit and the Pension Service with Retirement Pension and Pension Credit.

In St Helens, the service that deals with Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction also deals with Free School Meals and School Clothing Allowance.

Bookmark this page: