Care at Home

Care in your own home is provided to people who need support with daily living tasks such as washing or dressing, or tasks such as support with medication or finances.

You may need this support if you are frail, have mental health needs, or if you have a physical or learning disability.

Care image 2

Personal care or domicilliary care is the term used to refer to help with everyday tasks such as bathing, shaving, dressing and using the toilet.  It can also include other social and health care support such as assistance with medication and meals. 

Who Provides personal care in St Helens?

The council has contracted a number of domiciliary care agencies - these agencies are sometimes referred to as Independent or Private agencies

Can I choose who provides my personal care?

Choosing my care

If you ask your care manager to arrange your personal care, they will identify a service provider from the agencies who have contracts with the Council.  Where you live will influence which service provider is available but don't worry, all personal care is delivered to the same standards of quality and safety.

If you wish to choose your own agency to provide your personal care or employ a personal assistant, you will need a Direct Payment.  Please speak to your care manager who can discuss this further with you. 

How do I get help with personal care?

If you think you or a family member need help with personal care, please speak to one of our Contact Centre Advisors

Contact Details
Telephone:  01744 676600 (Monday to Friday 8:00am to 8:00pm, Saturday 10:00 to 2:00pm)
Call in person:           Contact Centre, Wesley House, Corporation Street, St Helens.  WA10 1HP


Related online services:
Bookmark this page: