If you want to know your collection dates
If you know your postcode and house number, you can find out your next collection dates and print your own collection calendar, by using our handy Collection Dates feature!
Please note that calendars are individual to each property, and your collection dates may be different to your neighbours - sometimes properties on the same street are collected on different days. If your calendar is showing a different day to your current or expected collection day, please let us know so that we can check our records.
When will my rubbish be collected?
We will collect your domestic refuse on the same day each week, with the exception of Christmas, New Year and Bank Holidays. Recycling containers are usually collected on a fortnightly basis, again with the exception of public holidays.
If there is a change to our collection service due to bank holidays, or circumstances beyond our control, we will always try to let you know in advance.
If you need to arrange for large items to be collected, you can do this by using our online Bulky Rubbish Collection service, or by telephoning our Contact Centre to make an appointment.
We will also provide facilities for you to recycle your household waste.
You can request black boxes, blue bags etc. by using our online Bin Ordering service. Alternatively, you can telephone our Contact Centre, who will be happy to order for you.
The next public holidays are in December and January over the Christmas and New Year period. Your bins and recycling will not be collected on these days, information about alternative collection dates will be posted on the News section of our web site.
Points to note
- Please place your black box, blue bag and textile bag out for 8.30am on collection day
- Your red plastic bottle bag needs to be out for 7.30am
- Your green bin needs to be out for 7.00am
- Your brown bin needs to be out by 6.30am
- Your containers need to be on the pavement in clear view of the road
- To prevent contamination rinse your food tins and jars - no food should remain in any items
- Save space in your black box by crushing your tins and cans
- We only accept tin foil that is clean
- Please don't overload your black box - if it's too heavy, glass can fall and smash
- Please put the refuse out to the edge of your property for emptying and collect it after emptying. You can apply for an assisted collection if you are unable to do this.